Am I - JSA
Eligibility for Contribution-based JSA and Income-based
There are certain set conditions that apply to both types of
additional conditions specific to each type
In addition to these conditions you must also:
- You must be out of work or working less than 16 hours per week.
- You must be available for employment.
- You must have signed a Jobseeker's Agreement
(How to claim JSA)
- You must be actively seeking work.
- You must be able to work.
- You are over 18 years of age and under pensionable age.
(60 for women and 65 for men)
- You are not in full-time education.
- You live in the United Kingdom.
- Meet the National Insurance contribution conditions so that you
can receive Contribution-based JSA and/or
- Satisfy the savings and income means test so that you can
receive Income-based JSA.